Gamecity Hamburg Prototype Funding Insights
10.3.2021 16:00 – 18:00 UhrRegister now →
Christopher Kellner, Head of Business Development at astragon entertainment GmbH, and Dennis Schoubye, Project Lead at Gamecity Hamburg, will give insights in this online workshop what game developers should consider when creating a cost plan and an exploitation strategy for their projects.
This online workshop is primarily directed at game developers who want to apply for the Hamburg Prototype Funding. Registrations by these developers will be prioritized for this workshop. In addition, as long as tickets are available, all participants interested in the workshop topics are welcome. These topics are among others:
- From idea to pitch – from pitch to submission – from prototype to deal
- Finding the right budget
- How can Indie Devs do a realistic market and competitor analysis for their planned game projects?
- Which key figures & market data should be used?
- What metrics are (freely) available?
- With which already published games should the own project be compared?
- What and how to prototype
- What should be considered when creating a project plan?
- Timings – how long will all of this take?
- Tips for developing a prototype that arouses the interest of publishers
After the presentations, there will be sufficient time to answer individual questions from the participants.
- 4 pm – Welcome
- 4.05 pm – Introduction to the Hamburg prototype funding
- 4.15 pm – How to create a cost plan and an exploitation strategy for your game
- 5 pm – Q&A and open discussion
- 6 pm – end of event
Speaker & Host
Christopher Kellner (Head of Business Development / astragon entertainment GmbH)
After studying History, Political Sciences and Archaeology at the University of his hometown Regensburg (Bavaria, Germany), Christopher Kellner entered a traineeship with German press agency Deutsche Presse-Agentur (dpa). In 2003, he joined fast-growing German games publisher dtp entertainment AG as PR Manager, subsequently rising in the ranks until he eventually built up and managed the entire international sales department of the company. In 2010, he switched to the development side in the games industry, joining Munich based games production company remote control productions GmbH (rcp) as Sales and Business Development Manager. In that role, he greatly contributed to the success of several of the company’s development teams, including negotiating and signing the deals for their contribution to the Angry Birds franchise. Aside from that, Kellner started to give sales and pitching coaching lessons. Starting February 1st 2021, he joined astragon entertainment GmbH as Head of Business Development. Outside of the games industry, he devotes his time to his love for music and runs a business in restoring and reselling vintage guitars.
Dennis Schoubye (Project Lead / Gamecity Hamburg)
As Project Lead for Gamecity Hamburg, Dennis Schoubye is the contact person for all topics concerning Hamburg as a games hub and for the prototype funding with a volume of more than two million euros until 2023. As a location initiative, Gamecity Hamburg supports, connects, and makes the diverse games ecosystem in Hamburg visible.